2 Cor. 4 16-18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18







Saturday 4 August 2012

Grace, Power and Weakness

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9.

How beautiful if we can experience this each day, Gods Grace and Power and that even in our weakness we can see the work of Christ and find refuge in Him. For me there are times when these things appear through a fog, yet when the fog clears these things become clearer. One day we will know as it says in 1 Corinthians 13: 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Lately I have had my ups and downs, not just bodily but at times Spiritually. Specially when I feel very tired and not well I need to be reminded of the above text and others. The last couple of weeks the Chemo treatments have really taken its toll on my body. After 7 weeks of treatment I am ready for a break which I will get after 8 weeks are finished on August 6. The Chemo builds up in the body to the point that I have difficulty eating, sleeping, and feeling nauseous and extremely tired. However when I get a break for 2 days I perk up quickly, but 2 days does not give me enough time to recover. I am looking very much forward to my break of hopefully several weeks.

On August 7, I also hope to get a CT scan and a Bone scan to see what is happening inside of me in the last 2 months. We are praying for a positive outcome, but those things are in God’s hands. I still have much hope for healing because I know that what is impossible by men is possible by God. I look forward to receiving the results on August 9 and hope to post again that day or the day after.

Lately I have not been too faithful in posting. This is due to us getting ready for a move on August 6. It has been a busy time but thanks to God everything has worked out well. Thank you for your cares and prayers.
Be blessed and be a blessing
John

No comments:

Post a Comment